This article covers the basic data types for the User Portal.
- Account: (sometimes referred to as Tenant) is an account created for an end-user.
- Account Type: You can have different types of accounts. For example, a parent company vs local site or distributor vs end customer. This is used to present different dashboards based on account type or to enforce different billing plans for the customer. By default, an account has no account types.
- Child Account: An account can have child accounts. All users of the parent account will have access to the child account but not visa versa.
- Parent Account: See Child Account
Account Users: These are the end-users of the portal. Account users can be linked to one or more accounts. There are two types of account user roles: Admin (TA) and Limited (TU). The roles are account-specific. Custom dashboards can be limited to either role. Admin users can add and remove users to their accounts.
Super Admin: These users are for internal admin and developer access only. Not for end-users. This is the highest level of access.
Super User: This user is similar to Super Admin except it does not have access to the custom dashboard code. All other permissions are the same.
- Device: This is a device on the IoT Platform. A device can be linked to one or more account. Linking can be done programmatically or manually by the Super Admin. A configuration is required in the Advanced Config to enable a device to link to more than one account.
- Device Type: A device can be linked to a device type. By default this feature is disabled. A device type is useful to create additional data fields describing that device to be presented in the portal. Linking a device to a device type can be done manually or programmatically.