These instructions will explain how to change your portal URL to app.<yourcompany>.com.
Before Starting, You Need:
- To already own the domain
- A wildcard SSL for your domain with the common name in the SSL cert as *.yourdomain.com
- If you don't have a wildcard SSL cert for your domain, Medium One can help you purchase one.
Setting it Up
STEP 1: Point URL to Medium One
Add a CNAME host DNS entry to your domain. Point that CNAME to gw.prd.mediumone.com
- I.e. app.yourcompany.com => CNAME => gw.prd.mediumone.com
You might want to add multiple entries (one per user portal environment).
- I.e. app-dev.yourcompany.com, app-tst.yourcompany.com, and app.yourcompany.com
STEP 2: Send the SSL Cert to Medium One
We will need both the cert_file.key and cert_file.pem. Make sure the entire chain is in the .pem; some certificate authorities provide the complete bundled cert separately.
Contact email@example.com to share your SSL Cert and Secret key. Please keep the cert and key safe and treat it as any other form of credentials.